According to the National Aeronautics and Space Association (NASA), aeroponic systems allow for clean, efficient, and rapid plant cultivation. There are significant advantages to growing plants aeroponically.
- Aeroponics can limit disease transmission since plant-to-plant contact is reduced, each spray pulse can be sterile and there is no contamination from soil, pesticides or residue
- Bio controls maintain facility sanitization through proprietary methods
Automated precision agriculture
- With sensor technology, aeroponic systems enable automatic data collection and networked bio-monitoring with real time production analytics
- Automation in monitoring the environment for optimal growing conditions and inventory control
Increased Harvest Cycles and Crop Yield
- In aeroponic systems, crops are isolated from seasonal change and can be harvested year-round. Harvest cycles can become faster.
- Aeroponics increases efficiency and improves yield over growing in soil by using nutrient spray cycles
- Dynamic nutrient dosing allows for precise management of plant growth for high quality yields
- New plants are cloned ensuring that growing results can be both predicted and replicated consistently